TPTT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event ideas

+5
Naoki
Galaahd
Solo
Cèsar de Quart
iago6666
9 posters

Go down

Event ideas Empty Event ideas

Post by vandaley Tue May 21, 2013 1:59 pm

How about events involving inquisition or some kinda charges of heresy where a person is brought to a trial before bishop or Pope?

How about a decision to hire an architect/mason that gives you a certain bonus on build time? I know stewards can do this but this would cost $ and it should probably have a better effect then stewards option.

vandaley
vandaley

Back to top Go down

Event ideas Empty Re: Event ideas

Post by iago6666 Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Square and Compasses.
sounds good I join the petition

iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Event ideas Empty Bishop-related events

Post by Cèsar de Quart Wed May 22, 2013 11:46 pm

We definitely need more interaction with your bishops. In order to represent the real power of the religious head in you province, I propose a series of more narrative events:

1- The Bishop is a reformer and wants to banish licencious behaviour from his estates. If you agree, he might take his reform to neighbour counties and affect your court life!

2- The Bishop is a consumated political devil and you are a pious man. Outraged by his actions, you denounce his un-religious ways to the Archbishop or the Pope. He might have him deposed, or support his stern rule in behalf of the Church's interests. Unless you can make a deal with him. After all, he's after power, no matter what.

3- The Bishop is your rival. If you handpicked a bishop and he turned out to be a fool, the local clergy might try to have him deposed and choose another one; if you happen to have picked a Thomas Becket instead, well, you can be like Henry II, or do the opposite. If he belongs to the family of one of your rivals, then you're in trouble. Expect sermons against your rule, discredit before other bishops and the Pope, and loss of prestige.
a) If he's your rival because he has his own aggenda, an event might fire in which you confront him openly and seek to content his ambitions. This, of course, is the weaklings' way.
b) If he's your rival because of political affiliation to a faction, you can always buy him out or bribe him. Many kings got their way thanks to substancial bribes. Let's take a look at the first Trastámara King of Castile, Henry II the Bastard, aka the Gracious One or the Generous One. All this means Henry of the Bribes. He was a bastard son of a bastard royal dynasty, and yet he got to be king of Castile after killing his half-brother the King.
c) If he's your rival because of blood ties... tough luck. You can wait for him to die or, in Richard II's words...

Now put it, God, in the physician's mind
to help him to his grave immediately!

4- Putting your sons as bishops. Triggered when a bishop dies, before a new one is created:
a) Your second (or third, or fourth, etc) son has followed a clerk career and your chancellor suggests you to put him as bishop.
b) Your son has not followed a clerk career but having him as bishop will be helpful nevertheless.

And something a bit more generic:

- The bishop had some taxes set in his estates that collide with your tax policy.

- The bishop disagrees with your intentions on naming his successor. This would be a good thing for when you have a successor picked and he's a fool.

- The bishop and the city take to your court the case of a fugitive. He's clergy, but he's murdered some notable of the town inside the town's perimeter, so the town claims it's his to put trial, but the bishop insists that he's a man of the Church and he's to stand trial before an ecclesiastical court (which means, no death penalty will be applied). You can either accept the Town's request, give him to God's justice (which would earn you piety, not just boost relations with the bishop) or choose to preside the trial yourself. This might lead to interesting trial events.

Finally, I know it's possible but I haven't seen it yet: the chance of going on a pilgrimage to Santiago, Rome or Jerusalem. This would be a nice text to add to the localization:

The sinner's 'plaint on high was heard
On high was heard and answered by the Lord
The tears I laid before His shrine
Are turned to hope and joy divine.

O Lord eternal praise be Thine!

The blessed source of Thy mercy overflowing
On souls repetant seek Ye, all-knowing
Of hell and death, I have no fear
For thou my Lord are ever near

Yes, it's the English version of Tannhäuser's Pilgrim Chorus, but since it's set in the XIIIth Century, and it's such a lovely rhyme, I think it's a nice tough. We have Shakespeare in the hints after all.

I also propose that during regencies, the nobility meet (Parliament) in order to decrease the king's power. Lower crown authority, abolish taxes and share the royal demesne among themselves. When the king comes of age, he can claim the estranged land, but he needs to start again with the lost authority.

Also, some representation of the English Parliament, the Hungarian Assembly, the Polish Wiece or the early Sejm, the Aragonese General Courts, the Castillian Cortes, the French Estates General, the Imperial Diets... would be nice. But that's a veeeery hard thing to implement and it has to be thought properly.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Thu May 23, 2013 3:16 pm

-Santiago: provinces modifier(cultural research) in the way of saint james.

Parliaments:
-a decision?(with events asking for exemption tax,rights and money)
-a Building (destroyed after a year or not if its not itinerant like the Alþingi).
-Republics names.(ex Aragonese Corts if Aragon becomes a republic)
..?
Places of coronation:(Aachen,chartres,Westminster Abbey)
-Buildings or province modifiers

monastic orders:(Franciscans,Dominican,cluny..)

-clerical traits or Buildings(more fights between bishops)

iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Solo Thu May 23, 2013 3:36 pm

iago6666 wrote:
We're working on something for Cluny and Cîteaux to represent them ingame.
Solo
Solo
Admin

https://theprinceandthethane.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Thu May 23, 2013 3:51 pm

Great
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 pm

iago6666 wrote:
Parliaments:
-a decision?(with events asking for exemption tax,rights and money)
-a Building (destroyed after a year or not if its not itinerant like the Alþingi

More like events, although a building that fires events is not a bad idea. After all, summoning Parliament could cost a lot of money. You could even make a decision to make it permanent, and not itinerant.

But there's a lot of potential with the Parliament-related decisions, both to bring more historicity to every kingdom, and to allow the pertinent "what if" to the rest. Would you follow Castile's path of city-dominated Parliament, go for France's take on the Estates General (little more than a consulting institution), or allow yourself to be trapped inside a noble republic like Poland, Aragon or Hungary?

-Republics names.(ex Aragonese Corts if Aragon becomes a republic)

Well, the Courts were actually not a republican body. They could have evolved into a nobiliary republic, but a merchant republic would probably carry another name. Also, that's already there. The ones I use are, from King to Baron:

Castillian (high tiers based on the names of associations of communes known as "Brotherhoods" or "Communities")

Commonwealth/Comunidad of --- Regidor
Brotherhood/Hermandad of --- Judex/Juez
Merinity/Merindad of --- Merine/Merino (Merinity does not exist in English, but it could)
Council of --- Alcaide

Aragonese:

Courts of --- Justice (the Courts of Aragon were the Parliament, and its most prestigious figure was the Justice of Aragon. Although Aragon also had its own Generality, which was a permanent institution, contrary to the Courts, which were occasionally summoned by the King).
Unions of --- Judex/Justice (the Unions were leagues of noblemen and cities that opposed the King of Aragon, especially Peter IV, in several occasions)
University/Universitas of --- Jury/Jurat (A Universitas was the collective population and institutions part of a town. The "whole" of the town, the commune. It was also a way to refer to guilds. The current use comes from the Latin word "Guild/Whole of the Students", or "Universitas Studianti")
Council/City of --- Consul? Jury/Jurat? I could find no reference to the usual Aragonese term for a city magistrate.

Catalan (based on the name of the communes present in Catalonia)

Generality of --- Councillor
General Council of --- Syndic
Council/Paeria of --- Paer
Commune of --- Consul

Since the war against king John II the Faithless was basically a war between a nobiliary republic and a king, the "republic" side, the Generalitat or General Deputation, is the closest thing Catalonia ever had to a republic during the Middle Age, and it's not impossible that it could have become this.

Places of coronation:(Aachen,chartres,Westminster Abbey)

Nice idea!

Spoiler:
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaahd Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 pm

Solo wrote:
iago6666 wrote:
We're working on something for Cluny and Cîteaux to represent them ingame.

Any chance to see Monte Cassino as well? It was an extremely important abbey in central Italy, and historically it reached the peak of its power and wealth in the middle of the 11th century.

As for the Franciscans and Dominicans, it wouldn't be bad to see them represented in game, with the church reforming to fight heresies. Among the innovations, the establishment of the mendicant orders. And it wouldn't be bad to see some flavour events about Saint Francis.
Galaahd
Galaahd

Back to top Go down

Event ideas Empty DIVINA COMMEDIA!

Post by Cèsar de Quart Mon May 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Cultural flavour!

It's around 1300 and Dante has written his Divina Commedia! And you're in it! But where?

- You're in Paradise (lots of prestige, more piety and boost in relations).

"But all those souls grace the Empyrean;
and each of them has gentle life though some
sense the Eternal Spirit more, some less."

- You're in Purgatory (lots of prestige; religious people might dislike you a bit, but the rest will like you just a little bit more, because Purgatory is not so bad; and it's where the best arguments happen)

'twas now the hour that turneth back desire
In those who sail the sea, and melts the heart,
The day they've said to their sweet friends farewell,
And the new pilgrim penetrates with love,
If he doth hear from far away a bell
That seemeth to deplore the dying day

(this passage is quite disconnected, but I couldn't find any part of the Purgatory that was as outstanding as the "lasciate ogni speranza voi ch'entrate!" part in Inferno...)

- You're in Hell! (lots of prestige, loss of piety and loose relations, except with cynical and possessed characters)

“Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I shall endure.
All hope abandon, ye who enter here.”

Per me si va ne la città dolente,
per me si va ne l'etterno dolore,
per me si va tra la perduta gente.
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.
Dinanzi a me non fuor cose create
se non etterne, e io etterno duro.
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'entrate!

Where you're probably discussing against your fiercest enemy's soul while being slowly roasted.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:56 pm

Are there any events or decisions related to the "repopulation" of land taken to infidels?

Castillian and Aragonese kings issued charters (fueros or cartes de franquesa, literally "charters of freedom") to encourage repopulation of cities, emptied of moors after the taking. While the rural aread remained heavily inhabitated by moors up to the XVIIth Century, cities were repopulated with the already sparse population of Christian Spain. So sparce that some relied on foreign populations. Zaragoza was settled primarilly by Occitans, since not enough Aragonese settlers were flocking to the capital-to-be.

Real laws like the Siete Partidas, the Fuero Real in Castile, or the Usatges de Barcelona could make an appearance.

Anyway, I'll keep informing of any idea I might have related to events and decisions. If you need help writing the text down, just let me know and I'll do it.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 am

I got an idea for a "bachellor's" trait (you know, those people who don't wish to get married, but aren't necessarily chaste).
It could dissuade AI characters from getting married and maybe even the player. Moreover, there could be a nice event chain for an unlanded character with this trait who is forced into marriage by her liege to attempt to escape (you know, the typical "Dad, I'm not getting married! Ever! *runs to her room and during the night ties the blankets together to escape from the window*" the outcomes being accepting the fate, injury, maiming, succesful escape (plus piety gain).
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Naoki wrote:I got an idea for a "bachellor's" trait (you know, those people who don't wish to get married, but aren't necessarily chaste).
It could dissuade AI characters from getting married and maybe even the player. Moreover, there could be a nice event chain for an unlanded character with this trait who is forced into marriage by her liege to attempt to escape (you know, the typical "Dad, I'm not getting married! Ever! *runs to her room and during the night ties the blankets together to escape from the window*" the outcomes being accepting the fate, injury, maiming, succesful escape (plus piety gain).

Very unlikely. The player is always a ruler and not marrying means you're loosing a potential alliance and lack of heirs.

I'd say let the player do it if he wants to, but it was extremely rare that someone did not marry, so I'd prefer the AI marrying most of the times. In fact, lesser barons and lordless knights marry way less than they should. Also, why piety gain? He's not marrying, which means he refuses to have the only kind of sex that pleases God (although some said that it still displeased him, but then I guess he couldn't find any other way to create descendants that was more pleasing to him. I assume the whole ribs and clay thing was one hell of a mess).

However, third or fourth sons, especially of lower nobility, could go on unmarried for life. They are, after all, expecting the big score, the heiress that will raise them out of obscurity.

Knights usually remained bachelors up until their late 20's and 30's, the time it took them to go out, get fame and fortune and find a suitable bride (after they had the time of their life running around in gangs of tourney bastards and robber lordlings). But these are almost invariably landless or poor knights, late sons without heirlom.

A "barchelor" trait would be nice if someone gets to their 30's without a bride or a bethrothed. But I don't know what palusible effects could it give. And anyway, not everybody was the Blackfish Tully.

I had devised, however, traits depicting sons not obeying their parents. Protesting their bethrotals, rejecting their brides-to-be, declaring they want to go out on errantry (which, as I said some times now, sounds like fantasy but it's a very real thing, although it usually involves sponsored groups of noble twenty-somethings and the said bands of young, tumultuous baronlings going from tourney to tourney, trying to find fortune), and the parent-son relation's decay.

Also linked to a very common story in XIXth Century romantic literature; the son that goes crusading without his father's consent. Very Sir Walter Scott-esque. It's a bit ridiculous from a Medieval standpoint, that a father would object to a second born (or third, etc) going on a crusade, or even a firstborn (althought that could present more conflict). It has been long demonstrated anyway that the First Crusade was not at all a matter of second sons and disinherited knights, but truly a Barons' Crusade.

Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by Naoki Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:11 pm

Well, I was thinking of how Matilda de Cannosa and Sancho IRL died before getting married, but that doesn't occur in the game and the only shot you have at recreating the plot against Sancho is to hope to kill him before he gets an heir.
Naoki
Naoki
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Naoki wrote:Well, I was thinking of how Matilda de Cannosa and Sancho IRL died before getting married, but that doesn't occur in the game and the only shot you have at recreating the plot against Sancho is to hope to kill him before he gets an heir.

True, but the problem here is not to make a trait that makes people allergic to marriage. It's more like recreating the conditions that made those people not marry.

The reason is: they're waiting for the big lot. Matilda especially, since she was the most powerful person in Italy and a woman. She had to find a good husband.

Instead of making them not want to wed, make some "ambitious" people (some other traits too) want to marry only people with enough prestige or military capacity.

The "marry a ruler" thing is a bit broken, since all the characters you see ingame are supposed to be rulers of something, whether it is an estate, a fief, a city or a kingdom.
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:43 pm

what about the parias,pay a tribute and make a truce,is tipical from the reconquista,but Otoman empire did it also.maybe become allies too,but only in defensive wars

the fuero and courts events are cool.
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by iago6666 Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:59 pm

Sorry wrong thread
iago6666
iago6666
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Patrimonialisation of the Military Orders?

Say, an Order has something like 80-90% of its land into your domains and their capital also inside your realm. Then you can decide to end their independence. They stop being a military order per se, they become a title that can be given and take away by the king, with a huuuge salary (which is why it was coveted). And thus you can give your most trusted (or feared) vassal the ultimate reward: to be Master of Santiago or some other Order.

Although their lands were also a big incentive to become Master... maybe they should not diasppear from the map. But that's hard to represent, so making it just an honorary title with a lot of revenue attached is enough. I don't think the knights even fought with their lay master anymore. At least there's no accounts of knights of Santiago fighting in any of the sides during the XVth Century intestine wars in Castile.

But then again, the knights of St George did fight with Peter the Catholic against the French crusaders, defending their king and some heretic-loving lords...

I'm thinking, of course, of a way to represent the mid-late game dance of mastership. The King ordered the Grand Chapter of the order to elect his guy, and they did (most of the times, sometimes they didn't). This was done even with the international orders. Alphonse V of Aragon imposed two or three of his candidates into the Mastership of Saint John back in Rhodes. But of course, long was the reach of Alphonse the Magnanimous, King over the Sea...

It's not crazy to think that Philip the Fair would have preferred to take over the Mastership of the Templars, rather than to destroy the Order.

Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by MangoDream Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:46 pm

I have made a event based on Götz von Berlichingen. He made a prosthetic hand to replace the one he lost. The event is fully coded and everything has been tested by myself and seems it all seems to work.

The event happens once every 500 years, it will not happen to people who are content, lazy or incompetent intelligence wise. However it will happen more often when the character is smart, genius or has high learning. The event replaces the maimed trait with a new trait: the prosthetic hand trait.

The trait gives 1 monthly prestige and -2 health (please note that -2 health is the same as the maimed trait minus health in vanilla and might need to change since it might be different than the maimed trait in TPAT). The event also gives a nickname, the nickname being "of the Iron Hand". Götz had this nickname, that's why it seems fitting. I'm not an artist so I just used the same icon as the cruel trait for this one.

Download Link
In the folder is everything you need, the only thing that should be done to make it compatible is adding the Arsch.txt in the interface folder to the traits.gfx that is used in the TPAT mod. The event ID might also need to be changed. The event id is 1000000800.

I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place to post this, but I really want more people to enjoy the quotes from Götz.
MangoDream
MangoDream

Back to top Go down

Post by firelordzuko Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:02 pm

Heh. The Game of Thrones mod should have such a thing, but with a hand of gold ... perhaps keep a small malus to martial skill, though? I can't imagine von Berlichingen's hand to have been very precise.
firelordzuko
firelordzuko

Back to top Go down

Post by MangoDream Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:36 pm

In 1508, German mercenary Gotz von Berlichingen had a pair of technologically advanced iron hands made after he lost his right arm in the Battle of Landshut. The hands could be manipulated by setting them with the natural hand and moved by relaxing a series of releases and springs while being suspended with leather straps.
scource inMotion

Götze had no problem fighting without his hand because of the technology of the it. That is the reason why I choosed for removing the martial penalty but I'm fine if it gets chanced if that would make it more balanced/realistic. The hand isn't the same as Jaime's hand because Jaime couldn't move his fingers from what I remembered but it's certainly true that the Game of Thrones mod needs this trait as well! Smile
MangoDream
MangoDream

Back to top Go down

Post by firelordzuko Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:42 pm

I know, I read about it sometime earlier. Still, the problem with a prothesis is that you cannot feel anything. While that might seem negligible when holding a sword instead of, say, an egg, a fighter will still have to adapt to his prothesis -- for example, moving the wrist during a fight is completely out. Considering that much of the finer parts of swordfighting are in the wrist, I'd say a loss in combat skill might be in order (perhaps lower the character's combat trait level by one?).

I always wondered what the point of Ser Jaime's hand was if he couldn't move it. Then again, it's Jaime, so he will wear it if just to snigger about the irony.
firelordzuko
firelordzuko

Back to top Go down

Post by MangoDream Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:50 pm

I didn't think about it in that way. I think your solution to decrease the combat trait level by one is pretty good. I will post a updated event shortly.

EDIT: UPDATED EVENT FILE (This only the event file and should replace the old one)
btw I didn't know what to do with the poor fighter trait. If you decrease it, you remove it. But doesn't a event trigger when you don't have any fighter traits? That event could make you a expert fighter again, that's a little strange to me. That's is why poor fighter is the lowest.
MangoDream
MangoDream

Back to top Go down

Post by Cèsar de Quart Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Nice idea, the Iron Hand.

This could spawn some other kind of traits, like a Golden Nose (Tycho Brahe, Justinian II...), a mask for face injuries or leprosy (sort of like Baldwin IV)... these wouldn't be so exclusive or would require exquisite traits, and would not give much benefits (except the mask, making someone less horrendous, thus a diplo boost).
Cèsar de Quart
Cèsar de Quart
Troubadour

Back to top Go down

Post by vandaley Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:55 am

For Norse characters, perform blood eagle on a prisoner which gives non-norse characters of his realm a negative modifiers on morale caused by fear.
vandaley
vandaley

Back to top Go down

Post by Radetzky Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:07 pm

I am not too sure about the authenticity of such ritual though.

There were some glorious proposals for new events for the pagans in the contest topic of paradox forum, I especially much like Postrzyzyny on page 6.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?688327-CONTEST!-Invade-Crusader-Kings-II-The-Old-Gods-with-your-very-own-in-game-event
Radetzky
Radetzky
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down